|This article is about the 2019 Version of Episode. You may be looking for 2001 Version of Episode.|
|This article is a stub. Please help Fruits Basket Wiki by expanding it, adding pictures, and improving existing text.|
|I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight|
|Rōmaji||Ura reta denpa wa kawanakucha|
|Air Date|| August 23, 2019 (JP)|
August 23, 2019 (US)
|Director||Caitlin Glass (US)|
|Script||Bonny Clinkenbeard, Jeramey Kraatz (US)|
|Ending||One Step Closer|
|← I Can't Believe You Picked It Up||Because I Was Happy →|
I Never Back Down from a Wave Fight (売られた電波は買わなくちゃ, Ura reta denpa wa kawanakucha) is the twenty-first episode of the first season of the Fruits Basket 2019 Anime.
- This episode marks Megumi Hanajima's and Mio Yamagishi's first appearance in the anime.
- The episode title is taken from one of Saki's lines in the episode.
Anime and Manga Differences
- Motoko’s nightmare scene with Saki was added for the anime.
- When Tohru stated she couldn’t visit Saki originally in the manga, she mentioned only Kisa was visiting her since Hiro had yet to be introduced at that point in the manga.
- The line of schoolgirls saluting before Yuki appeared in prince attire just as info on the Yuki Fan Club was about to be narrated got added for the anime. In said same scene, the rules for the Yuki Fan Club were more longer in the manga that include not stealing Yuki’s belongings, not going to his house, and how to address him depending on school seniority.
- Parts of Motoko and the Yuki Fan Club’s conversation about Tohru’s closeness to Yuki had some differences between the anime and manga.
- The anime included Motoko imagining Tohru with an evil face in believing she’s a witch.
- Minami had a more angry facial expression in the manga.
- The anime added Minami describing herself being affected by Saki’s denpa waves and being bedridden for a week because of them.
- The declaration by the Yuki Fan Club was extended a bit for the anime.
- Megumi’s face peering out a window to observe Saki and the Yuki Fan Club was added for the anime.
- The Yuki Fan Club arriving in and scouring through Saki’s room was expanded a bit for the anime. This included the girls fearing tasting Saki’s tea, seeing all her informal attire and makeup accessories being black, and that she is an avid collector of shoujo manga.
- The table that Saki, Megumi, and the Yuki Fan Club eat on is rectangular in the manga, instead of being circular.
- The scene showing Motoko observing Tohru leaving school with Yuki and Kyo as she vents to Saki was added for the anime.
- Motoko’s second nightmare with Saki and Megumi was added for the anime.
- The Yuki Fan Club’s encounter with Saki and Tohru the following day at school was extended a bit for the anime to include the three girls feeling exhausted from lack of sleep.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.