|This article is about the 2019 Version of Episode. You may be looking for 2001 Version of Episode.|
|Let's Go Home|
|Air Date|| September 13, 2019 (JP)|
September 13, 2019 (US)
|Chapters||32, 33, 34|
|Director||Caitlin Glass (US)|
|Script||Bonny Clinkenbeard, Jeramey Kraatz (US)|
|Ending||One Step Closer|
|← You Look Well...||Summer Will Be Here Soon →|
Let's Go Home (帰りましょう, Kaerimashō) is the twenty-fourth episode of the first season of the Fruits Basket 2019 Anime.
Kazuma Sohma’s visit to the house is more than a casual visit, especially for Kyo. Will Kyo’s biggest secret finally be revealed?
Kazuma Sohma is Kyo's foster father, and has come to visit him. Kyo is thrilled to see him again and whilst he would like to return to the dojo, Kazuma feels Kyo should remain in Shigure's house on account of Tohru being there.
With her positive influence noted, a plan is formed to have Kyo reveal his true cat form with the hope that Tohru can save him. At night, the rosary from Kyo's wrist is removed which transforms him into his true form for Tohru to see. Kagura and Yuki are monitoring the situation.
Kyo runs away out of fear of losing her, but Tohru catches up to him. Not deterred by his appearance, Tohru holds Kyo stating she would never leave his side.
The embrace brings back memories of Kyo's mother before she passed away. Transformed into his regular cat form he is carried back to the house by Tohru.
- The episode title is taken from one of Tohru's lines in the episode.
- This episode adapted Chapters 32 and 33, plus the first few pages of Chapter 34 in exploring Kyo's backstory.
- While running through the woods to catch up to Kyo, Tohru trips and loses her right sandal, as opposed to the manga where she loses her left sandal instead.
Anime and Manga Differences
- The flashback showing Kazuma coming to a young Kyo at his mother’s funeral came later in Chapter 34 of the manga.
- When Tohru was recalling what Kyo told her about Kazuma, there was a flashback in the manga showing their conversation about him from Chapter 5.
- Yuki was wearing a different Chinese shirt design in the manga when greeting Kazuma.
- Kagura and Shigure were shown to be closer together at the table in the manga when musing over Kyo not openly showing affection toward Kazuma.
- A small part of the start of Kazuma and Kyo’s conversation was removed in the manga where Kazuma commented on the number of books Kyo had, only for Kyo to remark they were Shigure’s.
- There was a small flashback shown in the manga depicting Kazuma telling Kyo he will be away for a while on a journey. This got removed for the anime. In addition, Kazuma’s dialogue explaining his reason for wanting Kyo to stay at Shigure’s house was expanded a bit for the anime.
- While cleaning, Kagura and Tohru were not wearing aprons in the manga.
- The bit showing Kagura come across Shigure and Kazuma’s conversation was expanded a bit in the anime.
- While Kazuma and Kyo had their conversation outside, the anime added in some more shots of Yuki, Shigure, and Kagura in dreary lighting reflecting the situation to come.
- Kyo’s transformation into his “true form” was animated for the anime, with some added visual details with steam emitting from his body and his eyes glowing orange.
- While Tohru was vomiting from the stench of Kyo’s “true form”, there is some removed dialogue from her narration where she commented on the stench and that vomiting didn’t help with resolving it.
- When Kyo was recalling how overprotective his mother was of him, he punched a dent into a large rock in the manga instead of shattering and causing a part of the cliffside he was close to collapse.
- When Kyo slashed at Tohru to attempt driving her away in the manga, the attack only scratched her shoulder and knocked her back slightly compared to the anime’s greater showing of strength from Kyo.
- When Tohru tries a second time to coerce Kyo into calming down, he does not resist her in the manga when she tries reasoning with him.
- Before Kyo returned to human form, Tohru was thinking if she was told of being told it's okay to be selfish before by Kyo before recalling him saying this to her. This bit was removed from the anime.
- A small bit where a younger Tohru is seen while Kyo comes to terms with the fact he wants to live happily with Tohru was removed from the anime.