|Let's Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest!|
|Rōmaji||Suika-wari taikai wo hajimeru no yo|
|Air Date|| May 18, 2020 (JP)|
|← Are You Really This Stupid?||Well, It's True →|
Let's Start the Watermelon Splitting Contest! (スイカ割り大会を始めるのよーっ, Suika-wari taikai wo hajimeru no yo) is the seventh episode of the second season of the Fruits Basket 2019 Anime.
During their stay at the vacation house, Tohru and the Sohmas get exciting news and surprise visitors.
- This episode adapted Chapters 58 and 59. Some scenes got shuffled around from their original order for the anime and some scenes had lines or small bits removed.
Anime and Manga Differences
- Some lines were removed in the scene where Shigure is interacting with Tohru and the kids for the anime at the beach. Plus, the scene showing Hiro and Kisa talking about the pregnancy of Hiro’s mother and Hiro remarking he didn’t want to grow up to be an adult like Shigure was also removed.
- Some bits of the scene where Tohru and the guys talk about the pregnancy were removed for the anime. This includes:
- When mention of Hiro possibly being an unreliable older brother got brought up, Haru commented on Ayame being an unreliable brother for Yuki and an annoyed Yuki commented that Haru was being too nosy in his personal life.
- Tohru thinking she is feeling a great pain about the problems faced by the cursed Sohma.
- Following Haru’s chopping of one of the watermelon, there is a removed line from Yuki where he commented on not chopping any more watermelon or eating the one that Haru just chopped.
- When Hatori threatened Shigure over his meddling, he didn’t brandish a scalpel to threaten Shigure with in the manga.
- Tohru’s inner thoughts on her earlier encounter with Akito and the suffering Akito gives to the cursed Sohmas as Shigure and the younger Sohma are about to leave got removed for the anime.
- There were not as many shooting stars in the night sky observed by Yuki and Tohru in the manga.