Natsuki Takaya (高屋 奈月, Takaya Natsuki, real name Nana Hatake (奈月 高屋, Hatake Nana)) (born July 7, 1973; in Shizuoka, Japan), is the pen name of the author of the Fruits Basket manga, the Fruits Basket Another series, and the Fruits Basket: The Three Musketeers Arc.
Takaya made her professional debut with "Born Free," published in the September 1st, 1992 issue of Hana to Yume Planet Zōkan magazine. Since then, her works have been regularly published in Hana to Yume magazine.
Natsuki Takaya became a manga artist simply because her sister "told her to", and the fact that she wanted to since she was in first grade when her sister started drawing. She once injured her drawing hand and ad to go into surgery, and as a result, had put Fruits Basket on a brief hiatus. Takaya made a full recovery, but complained that her handwriting had gotten uglier due to the surgery.
- Natsuki Takaya is a sometimes a day person and sometimes a night person.
- When she's working, she often listens to various Japanese music and games soundtracks.
- She is left-handed.
- She never shares her motto with anyone.
- When Takaya was in the hospital, she discovered an interest for baseball.
- Her favorite foods are abalone, cotton candy, curry, soba, udon, and crepes.
- She doesn't like peppers.
- She has said that sometimes, she cries for no particular reason, and afterward likes to "happily eat rice."
- Her favorite season is autumn.
- She loves dogs that pee on her lawn.
- She wishes she'd been born in the year of the bird.
- The first video game she's ever played was Romancing Saga for the Super Nintendo. The first manga she's ever read was probably Doraemon.
- She loves to draw girly-girls like Kagura Sohma and drawing really frilly dresses.
- She also has said that she couldn't wait to make a character cross-dress, and then made Yuki Sohma do it in Volume 2.
- Phantom Dream
- Tsubasa: Those with Wings
- Fruits Basket
- Songs to Make You Smile
- Twinkle Stars
- Liselotte and Witch's Forest
- Fruits Basket Another
- Fruits Basket: The Three Musketeers Arc
- She is born in the year of the Ox.
- Throughout production, Akitaro Daichi, the director of the 2001 anime, and Takaya ran into disagreements, including the cast, coloring details, and Daichi's storytelling style, leading Takaya to dislike the first series anime. Though she does like the For Fruits Basket song.